Bits In Glass, a software consulting firm, recently announced the launch of its new COVID-19 Remote Care application, developed in response to the global COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
The application reportedly is HIPAA-compliant and is designed to help healthcare providers filter, manage, and monitor patients. It provides COVID-19 test tracking and result notifications, automatic follow-up steps and forms, quarantined patient management, and in-app communication with patients.
“Healthcare workers are stretched to the limit, and our COVID-19 Remote Care application is designed to help reduce that burden while enabling efficient and effective patient care,” said David Hauser, Partner, Bits In Glass. “This means enabling care providers to reduce call center pressure, protect staff exposure, and limit testing and resources to those who need it most.”
According to the release, the healthcare provider portal offers:
- Direct messaging with patients
- A work queue for remote monitoring of patients
- Lab system interface for logging test results with automated follow-up tasks
- Reports on operations and population metrics
And the patient portal offers:
- A mobile-friendly symptom assessment form
- In-app communication with their care provider
- Access to records, test results, and educational materials
- Easy to understand steps and notifications for the quarantine period