Wind River, a company delivering software for the intelligent edge, recently announced it has launched an initiative to enable and accelerate the innovation of mission-critical systems during the COVID-19 pandemic. The actions include donating software and design and implementation services for those making a difference in the COVID-19 battle.
“The current COVID-19 crisis is fundamentally changing our reality with 81%* expecting a negative effect on their workplace as a result. A rapid response with innovation to help our customers and communities is more critical now than ever,” said Kevin Dallas, CEO and President, Wind River. “In moments of seismic change, Wind River is committed to helping the industry navigate and adapt to a challenging new climate in any way we can, and it is essential for us to step up and rally together in order to battle this pandemic.”
Wind River is opening up access to its IP and expertise for companies manufacturing medical, 5G network, and industrial automation equipment that support the global battle against COVID-19. This includes Wind River customers like Draeger, GE Healthcare, and Fedegari Autoclavi, among others that are manufacturing massive quantities of life-saving products, such as ventilators, patient monitors, and medical instrumentation devices.
For qualified companies, Wind River is donating software and services for the intelligent edge. For a limited time, the company is offering the following :
- For development of mission-critical systems: VxWorks real-time operating system
- For quick prototyping for edge devices: Wind River Linux platform, free for download on GitHub
- For access to virtual system simulation: Wind River Simics to allow development and testing
- For online mentoring and training: Wind River Education Services online courses in the VxWorks, Linux, and Simics Essentials series.
- For innovation and experimentation: Wind River Labs VxWorks software developer kit (SDK) and access to software projects, open source integrations and an open source board support package for Raspberry Pi and UP Squared hardware.
- For expedited delivery of mission-critical systems: Wind River technical design and implementation services.