Two weeks ago we told you the twelve steps needed for a socially distanced concert and now the Travis McCready concert has taken place in Arkansas, this past Friday, May 15th at TempleLive (TL) Fort Smith.
These were the steps:
- No Elevator: Balcony only accessible by stairs.
- Reduced capacity: 80% less people; from 1,100 to 229.
- Sanitization: Venue will be sanitized by an independent third party prior to each event via fog sprayers.
- Masks will be required by all attendees and employees. Masks will be available for purchase.
- One-way walkways: Per CDC guideline: one-way walk-ways in theater managed by TL employees.
- 6 feet of separation from all seating groups or fan pods.
- 10 person limit in all restrooms.
- No touch: All soap and paper towel dispensers will be no touch.
- Closure of bathroom fixtures to maintain 6 feet of distance during use.
- Temperatures of attendees to be taken at entry points.
- Beverage lids: All beverages will be prepackaged or have lids.
- Wipedowns: TL employees will be actively wiping down touchpoints in venue and restrooms.
Daniel Kohn has a great write-up in Spin with pictures from Kevin Mazur with Getty Images.
This is our post-Covid future:
Here is what the men’s room looks like.
You need to have your temperature taken before entering.
The audience enjoyed a great deal of distance.
Here is more from CBS Channel 5.
There you have it. Social distancing. Temperatures taken and more safety precautions. What is most amazing is the mask-wearing concert-goers saying it is nice to feel normal again. Well, we aren’t quite there yet but at least we are able to leave our homes.